Sébastien Roux's new album Inevitable Music #5 is out
We are celebrating today the release of Sébastien Roux's new album: Inevitable Music # 5.
Inevitable music is a collection of pieces based on the work of American artist Sol Lewitt, begun by Sébastien Roux in 2012.
Each piece is a sonic translation of a wall drawing using Lewitt's instructions for the realization of the drawing, or the drawing itself, as a score.
This fifth installment of Inevitable Music is the first to propose all instrumental compositions for guitar, bassoon, clarinet, trumpet, violin, cello, viola and voice. The pieces were composed in 2016 during a residency at the Villa Medici, for and with, the experimental contemporary music ensemble Dedalus.
The CD is already available for pre-order on our website for 15 euros, postage paid.
You can :
- Watch a presentation of the album concept on Youtube.
- Listen to Translation #2 and Translation #7.
- Buy the CD digipack (limited edition of 300 copies) for 15€ shipping fee included.
- Buy the digital version of the album (MP3 320kbs or FLAC) for 9€.
During the month of October, you can also take advantage of these special offers:
- 2 CDs for 25€, shipping fee included : Inevitable Music #5 + Quatuor or Inevitable Music #5 + More Songs or Inevitable Music #5 + Concatenative Mu (avec Vincent Epplay).
- 3 CDs for 30€, shipping fee included : Inevitable Music #5 + Quatuor + More Songs or Inevitable Music #5 + Quatuor + Concatenative Mu (avec Vincent Epplay) or Inevitable Music #5 + More Songs + Concatenative Mu (avec Vincent Epplay).
- 4 CDs for 35€, shipping fee included : Inevitable Music #5 + Quatuor + More Songs + Concatenative Mu (avec Vincent Epplay).
We also take the opportunity to announce the release on November 8th of Pierre-Yves Macé's new album Rhapsodie sur fond vert (Rhapsody on a green background) !
Six long years have passed since his last album on John Zorn's prestigious Composer Series.
In the meantime, the talented composer has been working hard and has gained eminence in the world of contemporary music. He has produced works for Ensemble Intercontemporain (founded by Pierre Boulez), the Paris Chamber Orchestra, and the Hong Kong Sinfonietta and has collaborated with directors Joris Lacoste and Sylvain Creuzevault on ambitious works mixing theatre and opera.
Much to our surprise, he returned to his first love—the studio—a few weeks before the birth of his son, which resulted in a series of highly contrasted yet straightforward tracks. Here, Macé deploys an abundance of forms and sounds: a detuned piano triptych, a Bertolt Brecht sound archive, abrasive electronics, some melancholic ambient escapades, an elegant cello solo, a miniature for bass and celesta flute, or funeral melodies for trélombarde, a peculiar instrument from Brittany.
With this very personal record, Pierre-Yves Macé pushes further his exploration of "disturbing strangeness".
You can already preorder the CD digipack on our website, for 15€ shipping included.
Thanks for your support, take care !