9th October 2006
CD - packaged in foldover card sleeve, with full libretto printed on tracing paper - limited edition of 500 copies - SOLD OUT
BROCOLI is proud to release Michel Chion’s masterpiece, his concrete melodrama TU. Composed in 1977 and reworked in 1996, it is now available for the first time on record for Mozart Year 2006!
Indeed, TU's Franco-German libretto is based both on the spoken scenes of Mozart's famous opera Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute) and on verses from French poet Robert Desnos (taken from his Corps et Biens). This dense text is sometimes declaimed, at other times roared or murmured by 15 interpreters, including Ghedalia Tazartès and Karine Sacco.
Musically, this is Michel Chion's most involved and virtuoso piece of work. The sound is assertive, abrupt, cold - one could even describe it as industrial - precise and rigid, until the profound and moving finale, similar in emotional content to the most intense moments of the artist's Requiem.
TU is definitely a unique work of art, bringing together literature, poetry, opera and French musique concrète.
The CD comes with a beautiful packaging in foldover card sleeve, with full libretto printed on tracing paper.
- Download the teaser (2 minutes, in French).
- Michel Chion talks about the making of Tu (23 minutes, in French)
The CD is sold out, but you can still buy the digital version in high quality MP3 320kbs, AAC Lossless or FLAC formats.
- 3. Son Manteau Traînait Comme Un Soleil Couchant (La Narratrice, Tamino, Les Trois Dames)
- 5. Mon Mal Meurt (Pamina, La Narratrice)
- 6. Devant Le Temple (La Narratrice)
- 7. Es-Tu Prêt A Tenir Ta Langue?(Tamino, Papageno, Les Prêtres, La Narratrice)
- 9. ...
- 10. Ah, La Voici Cette Beauté Si Farouche! (Monostatos, La Narratrice)
- 11. Chant Dans La Nuit (La Narratrice)
- 12. Pa...Pa...Papagena! (Papageno, La Narratrice)
- 15. Tu Ne M'Aimes Plus? (La Narratrice, La Flûte De Tamino, Pamina)
- 16. Le Silence (La Narratrice)