Minizza - À Rebours released
Adapting a novel to produce a concept album has been a dream of Minizza's ever since their formation in 2000.
So when French national radio station France Culture asked the band to produce a radio drama for the legendary Atelier de Création Radiophonique, they took the opportunity to adapt Joris-Karl Huysmans’s masterpiece À Rebours (Against Nature, 1884), the ultimate example of "decadent" literature they’ve been worshiping since their teenage years.
This work led to the third album of the band which combines elements of « Hörspiele », real songs, and experimental music.
Huysmans's words are never referenced directly yet they form the basis for the transformation into their lyrical interpretation. The goal was to recreate the atmosphere of the novel.
À Rebours is without a doubt the most ambitious and successfully completed album of the band.
- watch the music for the first single, "Dominé par des abstractions", directed by Pierrick Servais,
- listen to some excerpts of the album,
- buy the CD for 15€, postage paid,
- buy the digital version of the album (MP3, FLAC or AAC Lossless format) for 9€,
- follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
For the realization of this project, Minizza was : Rainier Lericolais, Franck Marguin, Geoffroy Montel, Etienne Bonhomme, Olivier Cavaillé, Nicolas Jorio, David Sanson, Pierre-Yves Macé et Daniel Palomo-Vinuesa.